James Park House
Image gallery (click to view images)
- Adaptive reuse of the 1812 home of one of Knoxville’s earliest citizens into downtown offices for a railroad holding company. The foundation was laid by John Sevier in 1797.
- Building is individually listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
- Each floor level of the addition is patterned with a figure-ground map of Knoxville from a different century of development.
- Recipient of AIA East Tennessee Award of Merit
- Recipient of AIA Tennessee - Award of Excellence
- Recipient of Knox Heritage - City of Knoxville Mayor’s Award
- Recipient of Knoxville/Knox County MPC - Award of Excellence for Historic Preservation
- Recipient of Keep Knoxville Beautiful - Beautification Award
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Research, Design, Production, Administration, NPS Documentation
All photographs © Robert Batey Photography